Cambridge Audio CXA81
- 80 watts per channel with Class AB amplification for detailed and powerful audio performance
- Separate, symmetrical left and right channels have been carefully designed to provide incredible sound staging
- Balanced XLR inputs for low noise interference
- High Quality DAC – Connect digital sources directly via TOSLINK and Coaxial
- USB Audio Input that accepts up to 32bit/384kHz and DSD 256 digital files from Mac or PC
- Bluetooth aptX HD built-in
“You should know that you will have a wonderful journey with the CXA81 instantly connecting you.”
CX Series 2. The Sound of Progress.
Half a decade after the CX series redefined performance at its price point, it’s time to re-imagine, restructure and revitalize. The all-new CXA61 and CXA81 integrated amplifiers build on the foundations laid (and won the Awards) by the CXA60 and CXA80, but with a new and progressive perspective.
The CXA81 is balanced, effortless and sophisticated. Its 80 watts per channel gives it full power over the music and picks up every emotional and musical nuance in your entire collection.
To Be The Best
How do you get an acclaimed and successful integrated amplifier that is respected and admired around the world and makes it even better? If you’re a Cambridge Audio engineer, you study every aspect of performance and then do everything you can to make it ‘more’. More refined, more precise, more expressive… more musical. CXA81: Everything you love about the CXA80, but more.
Uncompromised and Uncompromised
All the research, all the development, all the time and effort put into the CXA81 has been for one reason: to make it the most successful and absorbing integrated amplifier available for the price. Every component chosen and every engineering decision made is based entirely on the desire to progress. The CXA81 has been uncompromisingly designed and specified to deliver the complete musical image.
The Whole Story Is Exciting
The CXA81 is designed to bring your music to life, no matter how it’s stored. That’s why the state-of-the-art ESS Saber ES9016 features an all-new digital board, including a digital-to-analog converter. This means that digital audio files up to 32bit/384kHz or DSD256 are stunningly brought to life, with every detail and nuance presented in full and completeness. The CXA81 combines unparalleled accuracy with lively musicality without sacrificing convenience.
Power and Control
Through numerous improvements and upgrades – and thanks to an over-specified toroidal transformer – the CXA81 delivers an exceptional 80 watts of power per channel. This means that the CXA81 has full power over even the most demanding speakers; this means that the big dynamic changes in the music are handled with full control and that means the whole musical picture is present whether you are playing at discreet background levels or at the party. -time volumes.
Absolute Flexibility and Aesthetics
The CXA81 covers all connection basics, giving you complete freedom of choice. It has unbalanced stereo RCA inputs as well as balanced XLR sockets as well as digital optical and digital coaxial inputs, and wireless connectivity is also available via Bluetooth’s cutting-edge aptX HD standard. So there’s no need to sacrifice performance for convenience.
Unmatched Sound Integrity
At the heart of the CXA81 beats a completely redesigned and redesigned power amplifier stage with optimized capacitor values. The resulting sound is pristine but not clinical, with unrivaled musical consistency whatever the source.
Power and Great Sound
With relentless dedication to advancing engineering, the CXA81 is a complete solution. The combination of versatility, power and great sound means it can be the centerpiece of your musical experience for years to come.
- 80W RMS into 8 Ohms, 120W RMS into 4 Ohms
- ESS Saber ES9016K2M
- <5Hz– 60kHz +/- 1dB
- 1x balanced XLR, 4 x RCA
- 1 x S / PDIF coaxial, 2 x TOSLINK optical, 1 x USB audio, Bluetooth (integrated)
- TOSLINK optical: 16 / 24bit 32-96kHz PCM only, S / PDIF coaxial: 16 / 24bit 32-192kHz PCM, USB: audio profile 1.0 / 2.0 (default 2.0), up to 32bit 384kHz PCM, DSD256 or DoP256 Bluetooth: 4.2 A2DP / AVRCP supporting up to aptX HD (24bit 48kHz)
- Speakers A + B, 3.5mm headphone, Preamp Out, Subwoofer Out
- <0.5 W
- 115 x 430 x 341mm (4.5 x 16.9 x 13.4”)
- 8.7 kg (19.1 lb)
- CXA81 Integrated Amplifier, Power Cord, 3 x AAA Batteries, Remote Control, Control Bus Cable, Bluetooth antenna, Quick Start Guide, Safety Guide