Professional applications that Genelec has consistently maintained for years
Today’s most advanced and useful listening monitor solution for today’s professional users
A new product has been added to professional listening solutions for professional applications, which Genelec has consistently maintained for years: Two-way Smart Acvive Monitor (SAM) 8330. In the past 10 years, there has been an increasing demand for content creation all over the world. This increase has led to serious changes in the way everyone works. Today, audio productions are made in more cramped and difficult working environments than ever before.
This situation creates acoustic problems and reduces the quality of listening. Professional sound engineers need to have complete confidence in their listening monitors. In order to achieve this, monitors must be able to adapt themselves to their environment. Today, Genelec is taking the award-winning Smart Active Monitor and AutoCal systems, which it has been using successfully for the last 8 years, to the next level.
The new, die-cast aluminum 8330 Smart Active Monitor features Genelec’s Minimum Diffraction Enclosure (MDE)* and Directivity Control Waveguide (DCW) technologies.
Genelec’s research and development department designs highly integrated software and hardware. Although the 8330 and 8320 are small in size, they are unmatched in performance. These new SAM systems, with their floating-point DSP processors used for signal processing and Class D amplifiers specially designed by Genelec, once again demonstrate the forward-thinking that makes Genelec the leading brand in broadcast, post-production and music production.
Acoustic solution for small rooms
Genelec’s SAM technology is an indispensable tool for dealing with acoustic problems in small rooms. The Sam system automatically corrects each monitor’s relative levels, sound motion times, and room response, allowing the speakers to be optimized. Thus, whether the projects are listened to in other rooms or the speakers are used in other rooms, SAM technology will always give the user the most accurate sound in the most natural and distortion-free way.
With its Intelligent Signal Sensing (ISS) (Intelligent Signal Sensing) feature unique to Genelec, it automatically switches to standby mode when no signal is received, reducing power consumption to less than 0.5 watts. When a signal is applied to the input, the speaker becomes active again without any delay. ISS meets all the latest requirements of the European Union and ErP 2013 directives.
Every Genelec 8330 monitor comes with the Iso-Pod system as standard, and thanks to this system, it can be used in a horizontal or vertical position when desired. It is also possible to adjust the acoustic coordinate of the monitor according to the listener.
(*) MDE (Minimum Diffraction Enclosure) cabinet consists of rounded corners and slightly curved front and sides to ensure a smooth frequency response.
- Right sound in any environment with SAM technology that adapts to the environment used
- Always the most accurate result and the highest performance thanks to the computer-aided GLM program
- Controlling 30 speakers with GLM network
- Genelec Autocal measures the acoustic response in the listening area and makes the necessary corrections to the speakers, minimizing the acoustic irregularities brought by the room.
- Each product is tested and calibrated one by one at the factory leaving, to ensure that the products give the same response as possible.
- Frequency range 45 Hz – 23 kHz (-6 dB)
- Frequency response 58 Hz – 20 kHz (±1.5 dB)
- Max short term SPL > 104dB SPL
- Max long-term RMS output > 96dB SPL
- Max peak acoustic output (Music / Stereo) > 110dB
- Bass 5″
- Treble 3/4″ metal dome
- Crossover frequencies 2.9 kHz
- Amp power (per channel)
- Bass 50W
- Treble 50 W
- Total THD at rated output <0.05%
- In / Out
- Digital AES/EBU XLR IN and OUT
- Analog Input XLR female
- 100dB @ 1m. Analog input level -6 dBu (adjustable with GLM)
- Max analog input 24 dBu
- Power Consumption (ISP active / standby / max) < 0.5 / 3.0 / 50 Watts
- Cabin dimensions (H x W x W) 299 x 189 x 179 mm
- Cabin Weight 5.5 kg