Think big and do it
Time is your time
You have passion, talent and ambition – just imagine how far you can go with the right devices to support you.
As Genelec, we present you a brand new monitor speaker series, where you can get results as good as the professionals.
For 35 years, we have set a benchmark for the music industry by perfecting our designs that deliver the purest and most accurate sound. Everything we’ve done so far has brought us to this moment:
Genelec M series
M Series has many new and revolutionary features to bring you the best sound quality
Natural Composite Enclosure
Natural Composite Enclosure (NCE), a first in its field, is manufactured from completely recyclable fiber composite material. Half of this material is wood, which has ideal acoustic properties that dampen vibrations. The cases of the monitors are produced with injection molding technology. This technique allows us to optimize the shape and structural integrity of the enclosure for high quality acoustic performance. Another benefit of this technique is that it enables the interior volume of the cabinet to be maximized, which is inevitable for obtaining high power at low frequencies.
Intelligent signal detection
With Genelec’s Intelligent Signal Sensing (ISS) feature, when the monitor does not receive a signal for a certain period of time, it is automatically switched to standby, reducing power consumption to less than 0.5 watts. When any signal comes to its input, the monitor is automatically turned on again.
ISS is fully compliant with the ErP 2013 directive and requirements, which the European Union has recently implemented for electronic devices.
Low turbulence reflex port
Uncompressed clean bass response thanks to patented low turbulence reflex port design – Laminar Integrated Port LIP ™
Class D Amplifier
The need for energy saving has led to the development of switch-mode amplifiers in many areas. This technology, which has developed over time, has now reached the level that it can be used in audio power amplifiers with sensitive requirements. As Genelec, we decided to design our own Class D amplifier technology. Our M series monitors use these high efficiency and low distortion amplifiers.
- Designed and produced to give the source faithfully and continuously
- Finnish company that has been producing loudspeakers since 1978
- Designed by Harri Koskinen
- The Natural Composite Enclosure (NCE™), eco-friendly Finnish wood blend composite enclosure with controlled diffusion and minimal diffraction
- Use less than 0.5 watts in standby thanks to signal detection technology
- Low power, low distortion, high efficiency Class D amplifiers designed by Genelec
- Eco-friendly low carbon footprint
- Each unit is individually tested and approved to Genelec standards
- Room response controls for optimum adaptation to the environment in which they are positioned
- Max sound output power 107 dB
- Frequency response (-3 dB) 48 kHz – 22 kHz
- Crossover 2.5 kHz
- Bass driver 6.5″
- Treble driver 1″
- Amplifier power 80 W + 50 W
- Signal input connectors XLR / TRS balanced RCA unbalanced
- Input impedance 10 kOhm
- Weight 7.4 kg.
- Dimensions 337 x 235 x 229