78 rpm stone record needle
– An improved engine that provides a high level of audio fidelity.
– Spherical diamond perfect for playback of 78 rpm stone vinyl records that require a larger stylus profile.
– the cartridge body is made of Hopelex, an environmentally friendly material that provides high durability while eliminating unwanted resonances.
– The 2M 78 uses a striped output to output the same output signal from both sets of pole pins. This effectively eliminates the need for mono special equipment, making it possible to enjoy true mono reproduction in any stereo playback system.
The 2M Series provides excellent compatibility when used with a wide variety of playback systems and a wide variety of phono preamps.
Ortofon is the first thing that comes to mind when it comes to stylus. It produces the world’s best and most robust professional audio products.
A wide range of accessories for pickup pins, pinheads, pickup arms, high-end audio cables, step-up transformers and pickups are available at Ortofon dealers.
The World of Hi-Fi April 2013
Reviewed by Tony Bolton
“… Well thought out MONO, the standard version of the respected 2M Series cartridges …”
– Detailed audio
– Low surface noise
– Fast and punchy rhythm
– Excellent tracking at the recommended 1.8g “
2M 78 Technical data
- Output voltage at 1000 Hz, 5cm/sec. – 4 mV
- Frequency range – 3dB – 20-20,000 Hz
- Frequency response – 20-20,000 Hz + 3 / – 1 dB
- Tracking ability at 315Hz recommended tracking force – 70 µm
- Compatibility, dynamic, lateral – 18 µm / mN
- Style type – Global
- Stylus tip radius – R 65 µm
- Tracking force range – 1.6-2.0g (16-20 mN)
- Tracking force, recommended – 1.8 g (18 mN)
- Internal impedance, DC resistance – 700 Ohms
- Internal inductance – 350 mH
- Recommended load resistance – 47 kOhm
- Recommended load capacitance – 150-300 pF
- Viewing angle – 20 °
- Cartridge colour, body / stylus – Black / Gray
- Cartridge weight without screws – 7.2 g
- 2M PnP MkII cartridge with integrated head weight – 20 g
- 2M PnP MkII cartridge with integrated head length – 52 mm
Replacement stylus unit – 2M 78 (replaceable with 2M Mono)
Style life: with proper care, we find that up to 1000 hours is possible without degrading performance. Please read about stylus care in our FAQ.
2M Series styli interchangeability:
2M Series motors, coils and magnet configurations are not the same: Red and Blue are the same, so are the 2M Mono and 2M 78 true mono variants, such as Bronze and Black. Similarly, 2M series styli can be interchanged between the following combinations.
– 2M Red, 2M Blue and 2M Silver
– 2M Bronze and 2M Black
– 2M Mono and 2M 78