– An advanced engine that provides a high level of audio fidelity.
– Spherical diamond perfect for playing 78 rpm shellac records that require a larger stylus profile.
– the cartridge body is manufactured from Hopelex, an environmentally friendly material that provides high rigidity while eliminating unwanted resonances.
– The 2M 78 uses a striped output to transmit the same output signal from both sets of pole pins.
This effectively eliminates the need for mono-specific equipment, making it possible to enjoy true mono reproduction on any stereo playback system.
2M 78 Technical data
- Output voltage at 1000 Hz, 5cm/sec. – 4 mV
- Frequency response – 20-20,000 Hz + 3 / – 1 dB
- Tracking ability at 315 Hz at recommended tracking force – 70 µm
- Compatibility, dynamic, lateral – 18 µm / mN
- Stylus type – Spherical
- Stylus tip radius – R 65 µm
- Tracking force range – 1.6-2.0g (16-20 mN)
- Tracking force, recommended – 1.8 g (18 mN)
- Internal impedance, DC resistance – 700 Ohms
- Internal inductance – 350 mH
- Recommended load resistance – 47 kOhm
- Recommended load capacity – 150-300 pF
- Viewing angle – 20 °
- Cartridge colour, body / pen – Black / Gray
- Cartridge weight without screws – 7.2 g
- With integrated header weight
- 2M PnP MkII cartridge – 20 g 2M PnP MkII cartridge with integrated head length – 52 mm
Replacement stylus unit – 2M 78 (can be replaced with 2M Mono)
Style life: with proper maintenance, we find that up to 1000 hours is possible with no degradation in performance. Please read about stylus care in our FAQ.
2M Series styli interchangeability:
The motors, coils and magnet configurations of the 2M Series are not the same: Red and Blue are the same, Bronze and Black are the same, and so are the true mono variants 2M Mono and 2M 78. Similarly, 2M series styli are interchangeable in the following combinations:
– 2M Red, 2M Blue and 2M Silver
– 2M Bronze and 2M Black
– 2M Mono and 2M 78