2M MONO PNP
– an improved engine that provides a high level of audio fidelity .
– R 18µm Bare Spherical diamond is the optimal solution for playing LP vinyl records with mono micro grooves.
– the cartridge body is manufactured from Hopelex, an environmentally friendly material that provides high rigidity while eliminating unwanted resonances.
– 2M Mono uses a striped output to transmit the same output signal from both sets of pole pins. This effectively eliminates the need for mono-specific equipment, making it possible to enjoy true mono reproduction on any stereo playback system.
The 2M Series provides excellent compatibility when used in a variety of playback systems and with a wide variety of phono preamps.
2M Mono Technical data
- Output voltage at 1000 Hz, 5cm/sec. – 4 mV
- Frequency response – 20-20,000 Hz + 3 / – 1 dB
- Tracking ability at 315 Hz at recommended tracking force – 70 µm
- Compatibility, dynamic, lateral – 18 µm / mN
- Stylus type – Bare Spherical
- Stylus tip radius – R18 µm
- Tracking force range – 1.6-2.0 g (16-20 mN)
- Tracking force, recommended – 1.8 g (18 mN)
- Viewing angle – 20 °
- Internal impedance, DC resistance – 700 Ohms
- Internal inductance – 350 mH
- Recommended load resistance – 47 kOhm
- Recommended load capacity – 150-300 pF
- Cartridge colour, body / pen – Black / White
- Screwless Cartridge weight – 7.2 g
- 2M PnP MkII cartridge with integrated head weight – 20 g
- 2M PnP MkII cartridge with integrated head length – 52 mm
Replacement probe unit – 2M Mono (replaceable with 2M 78)
Style life: We’ve found that up to 1000 hours is possible with proper care. decrease in performance. Please read about stylus care in our FAQ.
2M Series styli interchangeability
The motors, coils and magnet configurations of the 2M Series are not the same: Red and Blue are the same, Bronze and Black are the same, and so are the true mono variants 2M Mono and 2M 78. Similarly, 2M series styli are interchangeable in the following combinations:
– 2M Red, 2M Blue and 2M Silver
– 2M Bronze and 2M Black
– 2M Mono and 2M 78