Ortofon High Output MC cartridges
In 1948, Ortofon launched the world’s first moving coil cartridge. Since then, the MC principle has been universally accepted as the ultimate audio performance. The high price of moving coil technology and the necessity of an outboard booster to boost the low output voltage have made MC cartridges a luxury.
With the launch of the first High Output X Series cartridges, Ortofon has demonstrated that it is possible to manufacture MC cartridges with sufficiently high output to eliminate the need for additional amplification devices without compromising the construction principles of moving coil designs and unmatched sound quality.
Ortofon High Output Series cartridges give you the opportunity to enjoy legendary pure Ortofon Moving Coil sound without the notorious disadvantages of expensive extra amplification devices.
The high output voltage of the High Output series cartridges is compatible with the regular MM phono input of any amplifier.
MC-1 Turbo Technical data
- Output voltage at 1000 Hz, 5cm/sec. – 3.3 mV
- Channel balance at 1 kHz – <2 dB Channel separation at 1 kHz -> 22dB
- Channel separation at 15 kHz -> 15dB
- Frequency range – 3dB – 20-25,000 Hz
- Frequency response – 20-20,000 Hz + 4 / – 1 dB
- The ability to track at 315Hz at recommended tracking strength *) –> 65 µm
- Compatibility, dynamic, lateral – 13 µm / mN
- Pen type – Elliptical
- Pen tip radius – r / R 8/18 µm
*) Typical value
- Tracking force range – 1.8-2.2 g (18-22 mN)
- Tracking force, recommended – 2 g (20 mN)
- Viewing angle – 20 °
- Internal impedance, DC resistance – 100 Ohms
- Recommended load impedance – 47 kOhm / < 500 pF
- Cartridge body material – Noryl
- Cartridge color – Black
- Cartridge weight – 4.1 g
Features and applications
The MC-1 Turbo, with its elliptical tip profile, is the perfect entry into the world of high output Moving Coil (MC) cartridges.
The MC-1 Turbo has 3.3mV output, making it perfect for use with onboard phono preamps – those designed specifically for Moving Magnet (MM) cartridges.
The MC-1 Turbo provides a taste of the linearity and precision of moving coils without the need for additional high-gain preamps or transformers.