Ortofon High Output MC cartridges
In 1948, Ortofon introduced the world’s first moving coil cartridge. Since then, the MC principle has been universally accepted as the ultimate audio performance. The high price of moving coil technology and the necessity of an outboard motor device to boost the low output voltage have made MC cartridges a luxury.
With the launch of the first High Output X Series cartridges, Ortofon has demonstrated that it is possible to produce MC cartridges with sufficiently high output to eliminate the need for additional amplification devices without sacrificing the unique sound quality of their construction principles and moving coil designs.
Ortofon High Output Series cartridges offer the opportunity to enjoy the legendary pure Ortofon Moving Coil sound without the nasty disadvantages of costly extra amplification devices.
The high output voltage of the High Output series cartridges is compatible with the regular MM phono input of any amplifier.
Features and applications
The MC-3 Turbo takes high output Moving Coil cartridges one step further with a highly polished, bare fine line diamond.
The MC-3 Turbo has a 3.3mV output that is perfect for use with virtually any Moving Magnet (MM) phono preamp available on built-in models.
Nude Fine Line diamond resolves a high level of detail and provides wide stereo imaging.
- Output voltage at 1000 Hz, 5cm/sec. – 3.3 mV
- Channel balance at 1 kHz – <1.5 dB
- Channel separation at 1 kHz -> 24dB
- Channel separation at 15 kHz -> 15dB
- Frequency range – 3dB – 20-30.000 Hz
- Frequency response – 20-20,000 Hz + 4 / – 1 dB
- Ability to track at recommended tracking force at 315Hz *) –> 70 µm
- Compatibility, dynamic, lateral – 13 µm / mN
- Style type – Bare Thin Line
- Stylus tip radius – r / R 8/40 µm
- Tracking force range – 1.8-2.2 g (18-22 mN)
- Tracking force, recommended – 2 g (20 mN)
- Viewing angle – 20 °
- Internal impedance, DC resistance – 100 Ohms
- Recommended load impedance – 47 kOhm / <500 pF
- Cartridge body material – Noryl
- Cartridge color – Black
- Cartridge weight – 4.1 g