R65 and R80 studio reference monitors
They use custom made 6.8 inch Air Motion Transformer (AMT) tweeters that can respond to the smallest wavelengths and highest frequencies. This way you can hear the expansive ambient feel and clarity characteristic of audiophile recordings. The transparent and accurate sound of the R series makes these reference monitors ideal for broadcast and post-production studios as well as commercial and home studios.
Conventional dome tweeters are injected with liquid to increase their mass to smooth out the resonance peaks at high frequencies. As a result, the transient response is lost. On the other hand, the specially designed AMT tweeter in the R65 and R80 has an incredibly thin, folded Kapton membrane (<0.01 mm) with an aluminum circuit that functions as a voice coil. In this way, the AMT tweeter can react as soon as it is exposed to electric current. The resulting reactive response time is reflected in the human ear as a much clearer and cleaner sound.
In addition to the 506 mm2 projection area provided by standard 1-inch dome tweeters, AMT tweeters offer 8 to 13 times wider range. For example, the 4,400 mm2 area of the R65 and R80 is equivalent to that of 3-inch dome tweeters. In this way, R-series speakers present a much wider stereo image than conventionally designed speakers.
Both R65 and R80 have very wide horizontal and very narrow vertical spread. Narrow vertical diffusion minimizes reflections from the ceiling and table top, and therefore phase deflections that may occur. The wide and balanced horizontal spread creates an extremely wide sweet spot. Less susceptible to room anomalies, the R series will always sound much more predictable and balanced, even in different rooms.
R series monitors have controls to optimize their operation according to the environment in which they are used. In this way, they can keep up with any studio environment. The 4-stage Acoustic Space button is used to prevent the bass boost that occurs when the monitors are placed near the wall. High frequency driver level control is also used to minimize room anomalies. The highpass filter, on the other hand, ensures seamless integration when used with sub basses such as the Temblor series.
- With three different audio inputs, R series monitors can be fed from any audio source.
- Balanced XLR, balanced 1/4″ TRS and unbalanced RCA inputs are ready for any source.
- With 2-way active AMT design, clearer high frequency response and wide stereo image
- Capture the smallest wavelengths and high frequencies with the specially designed 6.8″ AMT ribbon tweeter
- 6.5″ kevlar woofer provides transparent mid and low frequency reproduction, delivering a clean and powerful bass sound.
- Balanced XLR, TRS and unbalanced RCA inputs provide ease of use
- Acoustic field settings (Linear, -1.5 dB, -3 dB, -6 dB) for anomalies that may occur as a result of positioning in the room
- Biamp 150W RMS (LF = 100W, HF = 50W), Class D power amplifier with Switching power supply
- RF interference, output current limiting, high temperature, on/off transient suppressor and sub sonic filter
- Spending <0.5 W in standby with energy saving mode (with enable/disconnect option)
- External insurance
- Internal power supply with IEC connector
- Inputs 1 x XLR Balanced
- 1 x 1/4″ TRS Balanced
- 1 x RCA Phono Unbalance
- Frequency Response 45 Hz to 22 kHz
- Crossover frequency 2.7 kHz
- LF Amplifier 100 Watts
- HF Amplifier 50 Watt
- Maximum SPL 104 dB @ 1 m.
- Low frequency driver 6.5″ Kevlar
- High frequency driver AMT
- Aperture 4,400 mm2
- Equivalent aperture 3″
- Input impedance 10k ohm unbalanced, 20k residual
- EQ HF: Linear, +1 dB, -3 dB, -6 dB
- HP: Linear, 60 Hz, 80 Hz, 100 Hz
- Acoustic Space: Linear, -1.5 dB, -3 dB, -6 dB
- Protection RF shielding
- Output Current limitation
- High heat
- On/off transient protection
- Subsonic filter
- External insurance
- Case Vinyl laminated MDF
- Dimensions 203mm x 261mm x 328mm
- Weight 6.65 kg.