NT1 is a revolutionary new 1-inch diaphragm condenser microphone from RØDE
While the body of the new NT1 is very similar to the NT1-A, it has been completely redesigned from the ground up, with the microphone being the only shared component, the mesh grille.
RØDE’s design engineers approached the NT1 with a marriage of innovation and tradition, starting with a completely new design, the capsule. What makes the HF6 coded is a perfect example of RØDE’s combination of artistic design approaches and cutting-edge production techniques, while at the same time it carries a sound signature reminiscent of famous microphones of old times and at the same time exhibits extremely low noise.
It’s been developed with a focus on mid-mid-detailed response with silky smooth high frequencies and warm, rounded, bass reproduction to make the NT1 an absolute standout in its class.
In another world for RØDE, the transducer itself is suspended inside the microphone using Rycote’s industry-leading Lyre system, minimizing external vibrations at the capsule level. The capsule is then married to high-grade electronics designed to provide the lowest noise level of any studio microphone available. The NT1 is an incredibly quiet microphone, measuring just 4.5dBA of intrinsic noise.
The body is machined from 6061 aluminum and then nickel plated for corrosion resistance. Finally, it is coated with a durable, military-grade ceramic layer using advanced electrostatic application techniques developed by RØDE to provide an extremely hard wear resistant to scratches or marks.
NT1 comes with the revolutionary new RØDE SMR shock mount. Featuring a unique dual Lyre suspension system, the SMR enhances the existing superior vibration cancellation of Rycote’s Lyre system by using a smaller inner Lyre to act as a tension member. This keeps each Lyre in the neutral position where it is most efficient at canceling vibration.
SMR’s removable all-metal pop filter is as effective as it is visually striking, and provides an integrated solution for plosive protection that can be easily installed and is designed to last as well as a shock mount and microphone.
The NT1 is designed and manufactured in Australia and is covered by RØDE’s industry-leading 10-year warranty.
- Large 1″ condenser capsule with gold-plated membrane
- Cardiode polar pattern
- Built-in Rycote® Lyre® based capsule shock mounting system
- Ultra low noise, only 4.5dB(A) noise
- State-of-the-art surface mount electronics
- Included RM2 mount (NT1-SINGLE) or SMR shock mount (NT1-KIT)
- 10-year extended warranty when you register your microphone
- Acoustic principle pressure gradient
- Active Electronic JFET impedance converter with bipolar output buffer
- Capsule 1.00″
- Polar Pattern Cardioid
- Address Type Side
- Frequency Range 20Hz – 20kHz
- Output Impedance 100Ω
- Maximum SPL 132dBSPL
- Max Output Level 8.0mV (1 kHz at 1kHz load, 1% THD)
- Sensitivity -29.0dB re 1 Volt / Pascal (35.00mV @ 94 dB SPL) +/- 2 dB @ 1 kHz
- Equivalent Noise Level (A-weighted) 4dBA
- Power Options + 24V phantom power + 48V phantom power
- Weight 440.00g
- Dimensions 187.00mmH x 50.00mmW x 50.00mmD
- Output XLR Output
- Warranty 1 year with 10 years free extension after registration